I figured I'd try something different since I'm pretty goal-oriented anyway.
Instead of resolutions, I've made a "To Do" / Bucket List for the year that I can add to and check things off as I complete things over the coming months.
So here is my list:
1) Pray more - and with purpose and intention - for myself, for my husband, for our relationship and future, for my kids and their future, for my family and friends.
2) Write more. Keep better track of my personal and business blogging. Journal my personal thoughts, dreams, goals as well as the kids' milestones and all the cute things they do and say.
3) Unplug more often. Intentionally step away from the iPhone, iPad, laptop, TV - and just be present in those special moments with my family.
4) Sucessfully wean Xander and remember what it feels like to wear regular, cute bras again! - Also enjoy not having to plan my outfits based on how easily accessible my boobs will be! - Oh, how nice it will be to no feel and look so frumpy!!
5) Spend more time with friends. Reinvest in my current friendships but step out of my comfort zone and try to make some new mommy friends too.
6) Cook more at home. Even better: Take a cooking class with my husband.
7) Take a class or two or three or MORE! A hair workshop. More makeup training. Sewing. Art/Painting. Cake Decorating: Emmy loves the show Cupcake Wars and when I mentioned that we may look into taking a cake decorating class together over the summer she seemed really excited to do it.
8) Get on with an agency or two for more lucrative work opportunities.
9) Make more quality time to spend with my husband.
10) Fit comfortably into my skinny jeans again! - Which means, once I'm done nursing, I need to exercise more and eat better. - I've got all the tools, I just need to make a plan and stick to it! - Hike, walk the dogs with the kids, swim!
11) Speak with positivity and more kindness.
12) Volunteer and get the family involved. Soup kitchens, homeless shelters, animal shelters.
13) Worry less. Ask for help when you need it. Relinquish control. Remember: God's got this.
14) Attend a Makeup Show, preferably with some of my other MUA friends!
15) Run a 5K or two.