New Years Eve 2016 came and went.
I had big plans, but they were sidelined by a call from my soon-to-be-ex-husband.
He called me to tell me that he indeed wanted to divorce... not even 24 hours from a phone conversation we shared where he had "so much hope for us and our future". I was taken aback and very surprised by his sudden change of heart.
I decided to forego my plans and just lay low. Process everything. Clear my head.
My New Years was quiet and uneventful. I binged watched movies and cried a lot.
I didn't plan to make any resolutions... Hell, I think I just wanted to survive the holidays.
Now that I'm on the other side, I still can't say I have any specific resolutions for 2017.
I do have a lot of changes I'd like to incorporate into my everyday life going forward though...
Some of those being:
- To take it one day at a time.
- To be more present during my time with family and friends.
- To keep moving forward.
- To keep pushing myself towards my health and fitness goals.
- To find a church home.
- To find a new home for my kids, my dogs and myself.
- To continue to learn, grow and be the best me I can be each day.
- To never lose faith.
- To keep hoping for the best.
- To always love without fear.
- Believe and trust there's good in everyone.
- Keep forgiving even if they never apologize.
- Continue to laugh so hard till I start snorting and my face hurts.
- Keep smiling through the tears.
- Keep breathing through the hard days.
- Don't look back in anger or with regret.
- And just keep putting one foot in front of the other each and every single day.
Happy New Year, Friends. Here's to new beginnings and bright futures.