Gosh, it seems that I've been too busy these days to keep up with my blog.
I'm sure it comes as no surprise to most of you in my friend circle that I've been working entirely too much, which means trying to form a cohesive string of thoughts to put in a public post for everyone to effectively comprehend hasn't been an easy task.
But yet here I am.
As far as work goes:
- I am so, so blessed! Freelancing has been keeping me busy to say the least. I'm also working on a pretty regular basis at The Cosmetic Market. My in-home treatment room is functional - though not completely finished - and has allowed me to service the few regular Aesthetics clients that I have when my schedule permits. And finally, I just officially signed on with Too Faced Cosmetics this week as a freelancer for several stores in the Nashville area - which I'm very excited about.
On the home front:
- Home renovations are coming along... still soooo much to do, but we're tackling one room at a time and making some noticeable progress.
- Emily is doing very well in school. She's learning so much in the first grade. She's reading and writing so well now that she actually reads the bedtime stories to me. It's amazing as a parent to see all the things she's learning.
- Today marks 7 months of marriage for Alan and I. We are doing well. - Don't get me wrong, we have our disagreements, but in the end we always manage to laugh it off and move on unscathed. We were talking earlier tonight about how we've only been together a little over a year, but we can't remember life before we came into each others lives.
- I had a check up with my gynecologist today and mentioned that I'll probably want to have my IUD removed at my next appointment in May. (GASP!) - So that gives me a good 6 months to wrap my head around the fact that Alan and I are seriously planning to spawn. Emily is already counting down the days till I am able to get pregnant. Crazy. So my primary focus for the next several months will be to get rid of this post-wedding weight so I can spare to put on the 40llbs of pregnancy weight guilt-free. - But in all seriousness, I'm hoping to get my body in a healthier state so that this pregnancy won't be so hard, because we all know that I'm no spring chicken! Ha!
- I decided earlier this month to get back on an anti-depressant for the moderate depression I've been struggling with for the last several months. I'm on week three. - Still not feeling 100% "NORMAL" - but then again, who's to say what normal is, right? The medicine makes me sleepy and a little sick to my stomach so I've been sleeping a lot on my down time, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a quick acclimation period.
That's about all I've got.
-- Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. :)